Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Determine Index Size

Can anyone help me figure out the size used by my indexes?
TIA
RobEXEC sp_spaceused
optional:
EXEC sp_spaceused '<table name>'
--
Jacco Schalkwijk
SQL Server MVP
"Rob Diamant" <zzjunk.robd@.usi.com> wrote in message
news:eBBqoa0uDHA.540@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Can anyone help me figure out the size used by my indexes?
> TIA
> Rob
>|||Use can query the "used" column in sysindexes table for Indid = 1 , indid
between 2 and 249
select object_name(id) as Table_name,sum(used) from sysindexes
where indid between 1 and 249
group by object_name(id)
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Jacco Schalkwijk" <NOSPAMjaccos@.eurostop.co.uk> wrote in message
news:#b4gKg0uDHA.1756@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> EXEC sp_spaceused
> optional:
> EXEC sp_spaceused '<table name>'
> --
> Jacco Schalkwijk
> SQL Server MVP
>
> "Rob Diamant" <zzjunk.robd@.usi.com> wrote in message
> news:eBBqoa0uDHA.540@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Can anyone help me figure out the size used by my indexes?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Rob
> >
> >
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment