Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Determine Replication Folder or Data Folder via SQL?

I have an application that has to do the following
1. Disable Replication
2. Run Database Changes Script
3. Enable Replication again.
I have the scripts to enable and/or disable replication, but I was wondering
if there was anyway to retrieve the data, log, and replication folder
directories via sql so that I can use them in my replication sql script
without having to hard code these values.
L Anthony Johnson
Newbie
sp_browsesnapshotfolder @.publication = 'PublicationName' will tell you the
snapshot folder name (as a UNC).
sp_helpdb 'DBName' will tell you the name of the db.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"L Anthony Johnson" <ppsyco2@.nospamm4m3bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:%23BsT8$McEHA.3016@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I have an application that has to do the following
> 1. Disable Replication
> 2. Run Database Changes Script
> 3. Enable Replication again.
> I have the scripts to enable and/or disable replication, but I was
wondering
> if there was anyway to retrieve the data, log, and replication folder
> directories via sql so that I can use them in my replication sql script
> without having to hard code these values.
> --
> L Anthony Johnson
> Newbie
>

No comments:

Post a Comment