Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Determine slow running reports

Take a look at the Execution Log topics in Books Online. All of the informaiton you want is stored in the ReportServer database. There is even a DTS package to extract the data and a set of reports which show you statistics.
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
SQL Server Reporting Services
--Original Message--
From: Randy Knight
Posted At: Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:53 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs
Conversation: Determine slow running reports
Subject: Re: Determine slow running reports
That would be great if I had control of the reports but as I said, the reports are published by analysts from all over the company. I just wondered if RS put some statistics or anything like that in the ReportServer database. It would seem to be useful ... how many times report is run, avg execution times, etc.
Guess I'll resort to good ol' SQL Profiler :)Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment