Thursday, March 29, 2012

Determine updated and inserted rows

I'm working on an algorithm to backup data from pocket pc sql server 2.0
database involved in an merge replication with sql server 2000 sp3 with rda
in case that replication fails from whatever reason. My question is if I can
determine on a sql server ce 2.0 table involved in merge replication what
rows have been updated or inserted form last replication in order to
transfer only those rows on backup database. I've noticed that inserted rows
have s_Generation field 0 but I have no clue about updated rows.
Any changed (inserted or updated) row in ce database which is part of a
replicated table will have the s_generation column set to zero until the
next sync. So this is just an indicator of changed rows between two
successive syncs.
thanks
gopal

No comments:

Post a Comment