Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Determine SPID is using TempDB disk space

I have an application that processes approximately 300 transactions/sec on a
SQL Server 2000 database.
Periodically I have a process that uses a large amount of TempDB database
used disk space.
I have an alert set if the TempDB database used disk space reaches 80% then
send an alert.
Please help me with a script that I can use after the alert is set off to
determine which process is using the most TempDB database used disk space.
Thank You,You can run sp_who2 on tempdb, and see which [SPID] has been consuming
massive unusually high amounts of [DiskIO]. Also, is you know the object_id
that is consuming the disk space, then sp_lock will reveal who is currently
holding it.
"Joe K." <Joe K.@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B9B5531E-B69F-4406-8951-8A3C3B009819@.microsoft.com...
> I have an application that processes approximately 300 transactions/sec on
> a
> SQL Server 2000 database.
> Periodically I have a process that uses a large amount of TempDB database
> used disk space.
> I have an alert set if the TempDB database used disk space reaches 80%
> then
> send an alert.
> Please help me with a script that I can use after the alert is set off to
> determine which process is using the most TempDB database used disk space.
> Thank You,
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment