Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Determine sequence of transactions in replication

I am running transactional replication with a push transformable
subscription. I am running into a PK error. After researching the error I
have found two transactions tied to record in the subscription database. So I
use the following to determine which transaction is getting fired first.
select * from distribution.dbo.MSrepl_commands
where publisher_database_id = 29
and article_id = 30
and xact_seqno = 0x0000235000000EFA000100000000
This returns a list of 58 transactions with the command_id and the command.
But I am unable to determine what the command is because it is not readable.
If I use
distribution.dbo.Sp_browsereplcmds
it gives me the command but not the command_id (sequence number).
How can I determine what the sequence of transactions is and read the
command?
Thanks for your time. Mike
Mike,
the code in sp_browsereplcmds is not too difficult. You could create your
own custom script using this as a template, but which includes the
command_id.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com
(recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment